Plan your next reunion in West Bend!Published: March 17, 2016
Planning a reunion can be tricky: you’ve got to find space and activities for a wide range of people, all without breaking the bank. Check out our top six reasons for hosting your next reunion in West Bend.
- We’ve got a mix of hotels and motels, bed and breakfasts, many with different sizes suites, indoor pools, Wi-Fi, free breakfasts and more. This means you’ve got lots of options, based on the mix of people and the size of group you have, to accommodate everyone. Your guests can be close, but still have their own separate space, which is essential for a happy reunion.
- Also essential: affordable lodging. Room rates in West Bend are, on average, between $100 and $150 a night, and as we mentioned many come with extra space and helpful amenities.
- If your guests are coming from a long way away, a location near a major airport is a must. West Bend is just a short 45-minute drive from General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee, where flights from dozens and dozens of locations in the U.S. and around the world arrive every day. Your guests won’t have to spend hours driving after a long day in the air.
- Not only is West Bend beautiful, nestled near the Kettle Moraine State Forest and up against the Milwaukee River, but there’s also plenty to do – for all ages. For the outdoorsy folks in your group, there’s no shortage of scenic trails great for biking and hiking. There’s also golfing, paddling and 1,400 geocaches in a 10-mile area to find. There are charming and unique stores throughout the downtown to explore. For the indoor crowd, you’ll find a bowling alley and two museums, including the stunning Museum of Wisconsin Art. And animal lovers will enjoy birdwatching around the city, especially in the Lac Lawrann Conservancy, or just a leisurely stroll through the Shalom Wildlife Zoo.
- After a busy day, your group will be hungry! No worries, West Bend has plenty of delicious restaurants that offer private rooms to accommodate large groups. West Bend Tap + Tavern, Timmer’s Resort and the Riverside Brewery & Restaurant are just a few of the city’s offerings.
- And because sometimes, people just need a little breathing room, West Bend has a charming downtown, full of fun shops, tasty treats and great scenery, perfect for exploring when your guests need a little alone time.
For more information to help you plan your next reunion in West Bend, be sure to sign up for our e-newsletter here.