Tips for your West Bend summer getaway
As you return to West Bend this summer, things may look a little different as businesses work to make your visit a safe and enjoyable one. Here are a few things to keep in mind on your next visit.
For your health and safety:
- Anyone, of any age, can contract COVID-19. Young and healthy people should practice social distancing and other healthy habits.
- Washington Ozaukee Public Health recommends staying at least 6 feet away from others and avoiding direct physical contact.
- Face masks are not required but are strongly encouraged.
- Follow the other guidelines from Washington Ozaukee Public Health (avoid gathering in large groups, wash your hands frequently, stay home if you feel sick). See their guidelines here.
Support our businesses:
- Many of our businesses have reopened, however, others have not. Some have new guidelines for customers and employees, different hours, or changes in their services. It’s always best to call ahead before you visit.
- If your favorite restaurant isn’t open to sit down and eat, see if they offer carryout. Some stores also offer curbside pickup for your convenience. All our local businesses appreciate your support!
Places to stay:
- The West Bend area’s motels, hotels and B&Bs are accepting reservations for this summer and beyond. However, please contact individual lodging properties with questions on availability and specific guidelines for each business.
Explore the outdoors:
- West Bend is a great place to get outdoors. Trails, parks, the Kettle Moraine, the Wisconsin River—all are terrific spots to enjoy birdwatching, hiking, biking, boating, swimming and, of course, geocaching! Learn more about outdoor recreation options here.
- Practice social distancing measures at public areas like trailheads.