This fieldstone building was once home to the Sisters of St. Agnes, a convent that ran one of the first schools in the area. Today, the St. Agnes Historic Convent & School provides visitors with a glimpse into pioneer living.
The convent was built in 1858, followed by the rectory in 1860 and the barn in 1877. The rectory and barn were donated to the Washington County Historical Society in 1997; the convent was added to the donation in 2002. The convent is currently a private home occupied by the site’s caretaker.
The historic site was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 2010.
Open by appointment only, call 262.335.4698 to schedule a visit.
1386 Fond du Lac Street
West Bend, WI, 53090
STAY INFORMED WITH OUR E-NEWSLETTER
Sign up for our e-enewsletter today